UP top cop IPS officer Ajay Mohan Sharma touches feet of SP general secretary Ram Gopal Yadav
- L-G Najeeb Jung's 'I am the govt' remark laughable, acting at PM's behest: Arvind Kejriwal
- Robert Vadra's Facebook post triggers BJP, Congress clash; House adjourned
- Scolded by Sonia, Shashi Tharoor gets praise from PM Modi
- RK Pachauri asked to step down, Ajay Mathur is new TERI chief
- PM's credibility declining, no discussion until Sushma steps down: Rahul
The district police chief, an IPS officer, was in the eye of a storm after he reportedly touched the feet of national general secretary of Samajwadi Party Ram Gopal Yadav during a programme.
Senior Superintendent of Police, Ajay Mohan Sharma touched Rajya Sabha MP Yadav's feet yesterday during an eye camp at district panchayat premises.
However, the SSP later clarified that he did not touch Yadav's feet, but bent to remove people touching the feet.
However, SP later said there was nothing wrong with what the top policeman did and in fact this was 'business' as usual.
In the earlier, Mayawati govt another top policeman had been caught cleaning her shoes.