UP top cop IPS officer Ajay Mohan Sharma touches feet of SP general secretary Ram Gopal Yadav
- Vijay Mallya tells SC he is willing to pay Rs 4000 crores of bank loans
- 18-year-old madrasa student’s arm broken for not saying ‘Jai Mata Ki’
- Pakistan's 'spy' video raises questions, his India trail offers clues
- PM Modi arrives in Belgium to attend India-EU summit
- Uttarakhand crisis: Centre moves HC challenging its order for floor test
The district police chief, an IPS officer, was in the eye of a storm after he reportedly touched the feet of national general secretary of Samajwadi Party Ram Gopal Yadav during a programme.
Senior Superintendent of Police, Ajay Mohan Sharma touched Rajya Sabha MP Yadav's feet yesterday during an eye camp at district panchayat premises.
However, the SSP later clarified that he did not touch Yadav's feet, but bent to remove people touching the feet.
However, SP later said there was nothing wrong with what the top policeman did and in fact this was 'business' as usual.
- Uttarakhand shows how BJP promises of cooperative federalism
- There was ghar wapsi and beef. Nationalism has been added to the list
- India has found itself a new hero in Virat Kohli
- The legend of parachuting cats
- Punjab’s fair weather critics
- Bharat Mata pivot gives BJP a narrative to link what the RSS wants