UP top cop IPS officer Ajay Mohan Sharma touches feet of SP general secretary Ram Gopal Yadav
- Espionage racket with ISI links busted in Jammu, Kolkata; BSF jawan among five arrested
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to attend UN climate summit
- Nepal releases 13 SSB personnel after brief detention
- Turkey to hand over body of dead Russian pilot to Moscow: PM
- Bhushan challenges Kejriwal for public debate on Lokpal Bill
The district police chief, an IPS officer, was in the eye of a storm after he reportedly touched the feet of national general secretary of Samajwadi Party Ram Gopal Yadav during a programme.
Senior Superintendent of Police, Ajay Mohan Sharma touched Rajya Sabha MP Yadav's feet yesterday during an eye camp at district panchayat premises.
However, the SSP later clarified that he did not touch Yadav's feet, but bent to remove people touching the feet.
However, SP later said there was nothing wrong with what the top policeman did and in fact this was 'business' as usual.
- Ahead of the Paris summit, India has been again targeted as a spoiler
- Shunning coal not viable for India; World needs to come together to make it cleaner
- Detained at IFFI: You can chain our hands, but you can't choke our voices
- How 'secular', 'socialist' came to be part of Constitution, and why they remain
- Next door Nepal: Blaming the neighbour
- True economic reform is one that makes a clean break from the past