UP top cop IPS officer Ajay Mohan Sharma touches feet of SP general secretary Ram Gopal Yadav
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Modi: Omar Abdullah
- Supreme Court lifts mining ban in Goa, caps iron ore volume
- PMO begins work on Presidentâs Parliament speech for next govt
- In this TN seat, Cong, BJP and AAP take centrestage
- To prevent polarisation, EC tells Delhi Police âdonât publicise workâ
The district police chief, an IPS officer, was in the eye of a storm after he reportedly touched the feet of national general secretary of Samajwadi Party Ram Gopal Yadav during a programme.
Senior Superintendent of Police, Ajay Mohan Sharma touched Rajya Sabha MP Yadav's feet yesterday during an eye camp at district panchayat premises.
However, the SSP later clarified that he did not touch Yadav's feet, but bent to remove people touching the feet.
However, SP later said there was nothing wrong with what the top policeman did and in fact this was 'business' as usual.
In the earlier, Mayawati govt another top policeman had been caught cleaning her shoes.
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready