UP villagers rough up SDM
- India’s surgical strikes along LoC show intent to act strongly against terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls up Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror'
- PM Modi holds Cabinet Committee on Security meeting; Rajnath, Jaitley, Doval present
- Narendra Modi's review meet on MFN status to Pak postponed to next week
- Day after sharing terror information with Pakistan, NIA revises details
A group of villagers attacked a Sub-Divisional Magistrate (SDM) of Badaun district alleging corruption in the construction of a road under the NREGA scheme in Zarif Nagar area on Friday evening. The SDM suffered bruises and his clothes were torn off in the incident.
The police have arrested a youth after registering a case under relevant sections.
The SDM B K Dohre said, "I had gone to supervise the construction of a road under the NREGA scheme at Chabutara village. A government task force team had visited the village recently and had issued certain instructions. The gram panchayat of the village is looking after the construction work. A youth, Satyawan Yadav, who was drunk, arrived there along with some villagers and started hurling expletives at me and the gram pradhan."
"The youth alleged irregularities in the work and also alleged that the pradhan was not following the norms while getting the work done. As I objected to youth's behaviour, he along with his aides attacked me and tore my clothes off," the SDM said. Police rushed to the spot and nabbed the youth while his associates fled the scene.
- The emergence of Akhilesh Yadav as a popular leader is an indicator of the same-old in the SP
- Poverty caused by expenditure on health has doubled in India in the past 15 years
- India’s aggressive response to Nawaz Sharif’s lies at the UN was a clear indicator of the things to come
- Let’s not allow debate about what it means to be Indian to be held hostage to jingoists and bigots
- People, policymakers can be led by subtly influencing their choice architecture
- Edit - Defining moment