UP woman consumes poison during interrogation at police station
- His hands tied, PM surrendered to Sonia: ex-media adviserâs book
- How can Modi honour women if he canât mention his wife, asks Rahul
- Mewat simmers after poll clash, killing of Muslim youth
- After rare skull surgery at AIIMS, twins from Kerala look like each other
- For hate speech, EC orders UP not to let Amit Shah, Azam campaign
A 23-year-old woman, who was being interrogated on suspicion of her role in her mother's murder, made an attempt to commit suicide by consuming poison at City Kotwali police station in Bijnore district on Monday. The woman is undergoing treatment at the district hospital where her condition was stated to be stable.
Bijnore Superintendent of Police (SP) Nitin Tiwari said that SP (City) has been handed over an inquiry into the role of the SHO and other policemen behind the woman taking the step. The woman was being interrogated by the SHO in presence of women constables regarding her alleged role behind the murder of her mother when she went to the washroom and consumed poison there, he added.
City Kotwali SHO SKS Pratap told The Indian Express that Varsha of Gajraula was brought for interrogation after her role emerged in her mother Vimla's murder during investigation. Vimla was attacked with a sharp-edged weapon and was strangled to death on April 13.
Pratap said that the probe found that a youth of the same area, Navbahar, had murdered the woman. Varsha was having an affair with the youth and her mother had spotted both of them in an objectionable condition. As Vimla had warned her to end the relation, the woman and the youth planned the woman's murder, confirmed the SHO.
He also said that the woman was being interrogated in presence of her father and she has confessed to her role in the murder.
- Under attack over rape remark, SP chief Mulayam Yadav blames media
- JD(S) releases manifesto, vows to protect interests of state
- Ambareesh returns, says will sort ‘minor differences’
- Sagar Ghosh killing: Breather for DGP as HC stays single bench order
- Face of Gujarat riots is face of BJP: Mamata
- Cong seeks action against Advani on ‘wrong’ info in affidavit