UP woman consumes poison during interrogation at police station
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- DMK denies ticket to Alagiri; Raja, Maran get renomination
- Coal scam: SC directs CBI to file five charge sheets by Mar 28
- Raj Thackeray warms up to Narendra Modi, lets Sena feel the heat
A 23-year-old woman, who was being interrogated on suspicion of her role in her mother's murder, made an attempt to commit suicide by consuming poison at City Kotwali police station in Bijnore district on Monday. The woman is undergoing treatment at the district hospital where her condition was stated to be stable.
Bijnore Superintendent of Police (SP) Nitin Tiwari said that SP (City) has been handed over an inquiry into the role of the SHO and other policemen behind the woman taking the step. The woman was being interrogated by the SHO in presence of women constables regarding her alleged role behind the murder of her mother when she went to the washroom and consumed poison there, he added.
City Kotwali SHO SKS Pratap told The Indian Express that Varsha of Gajraula was brought for interrogation after her role emerged in her mother Vimla's murder during investigation. Vimla was attacked with a sharp-edged weapon and was strangled to death on April 13.
Pratap said that the probe found that a youth of the same area, Navbahar, had murdered the woman. Varsha was having an affair with the youth and her mother had spotted both of them in an objectionable condition. As Vimla had warned her to end the relation, the woman and the youth planned the woman's murder, confirmed the SHO.
He also said that the woman was being interrogated in presence of her father and she has confessed to her role in the murder.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress