UP woman murders, slits private parts of doctor over sexual harassment
- Day after Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi, Amit Shah condemns politics over surgical strikes
- Prohibition to stay in Bihar: SC stays Patna HC judgment setting aside liquor ban
- US says does not support declaring Pakistan a 'terrorist state'
- Talk on stage at Parrikar event: 200 killed, atom bomb vs atom bomb
- Hurricane Matthew: Haiti death toll rises to 339, deadly storm hits Florida
A 24-year-old woman was arrested from Govind Nagar area here for allegedly murdering a doctor in a hotel in Rania area of neighbouring Kanpur Dehat district on July 21.
Dr Satish Chandra, 42, posted at Amrodha Primary Health Centre was found dead in the hotel with his throat and private parts slit, SSP Kanpur Yashasvi Yadav told reporters here.
The woman claimed that the doctor had been exploiting her sexually for the last 13 years by injecting her sedatives, the police official said.
She does not appear to be in a sound mental condition and had been undergoing treatment for this, Yadav said.
After a telephonic conversation on July 16, the two met in the hotel on July 21 and had liquor after which she murdered the doctors and slit his genitals, according to the
She also tried to courier the chopped body parts to the doctor's family, he said.
En route to delivering the package, the courier employee saw blood stains on the package and contacted the police who seized the parcel after seeing its contents.
- Revealing Elena Ferrante’s identity violates her desire for privacy
- Breakdown of LoC ceasefire will make it difficult for army to control infiltration
- Academic publishers suit shows how much they benefitted from intellectual commons
- Lack of unity has prevented Sindhi nationalists from pressuring Islamabad
- India must be prepared to deal with a disease that is growing globally
- Challenge for India’s leaders is to show that strength can be blended with subtlety & deftness