UP woman murders, slits private parts of doctor over sexual harassment
- Ghulam Ali's concert in Mumbai cancelled after Shiv Sena's threat
- PM Modi a sensitive person, don't judge him on social media posts: BJP on Dadri lynching
- Why President Mukherjee hit the right notes on core values of 'diversity', 'plurality' and 'tolerance'
- Barack Obama apologises for air strike on Kunduz hospital: White House
- Commercial vehicles entering Delhi to pay environmental tax: NGT
A 24-year-old woman was arrested from Govind Nagar area here for allegedly murdering a doctor in a hotel in Rania area of neighbouring Kanpur Dehat district on July 21.
Dr Satish Chandra, 42, posted at Amrodha Primary Health Centre was found dead in the hotel with his throat and private parts slit, SSP Kanpur Yashasvi Yadav told reporters here.
The woman claimed that the doctor had been exploiting her sexually for the last 13 years by injecting her sedatives, the police official said.
She does not appear to be in a sound mental condition and had been undergoing treatment for this, Yadav said.
After a telephonic conversation on July 16, the two met in the hotel on July 21 and had liquor after which she murdered the doctors and slit his genitals, according to the
She also tried to courier the chopped body parts to the doctor's family, he said.
En route to delivering the package, the courier employee saw blood stains on the package and contacted the police who seized the parcel after seeing its contents.