UPA launches political vendetta against me: Ramdev
- If Land Bill has anything against farmers, I'm ready to change it, says PM Modi
- Essar Leaks: ‘Guests are very important people... Kindly see they are comfortable’
- Mufti to head 25-member cabinet; PM to attend his swearing-in on Sunday
- Economic Survey pegs India's growth at over 8 percent, says inflation easing
- Rail budget missed the opportunity to lay out an agenda for the future, writes Nitish
Yoga guru Ramdev today accused the UPA government of political vendetta by launching probe into the functioning of trusts run by him after he started raising his voice against corruption.
"Four ministers came to receive me at the airport. Everything was alright before June 4 (last year) and my trusts were clean. But after that, all the money which came to our trusts are income and not donation. And the money in their trusts is legal, none of their trusts are for social cause," he said.
"All these things changed because we questioned two things, first the economic system and second the political system. Whenever somebody will raise a question against wrongdoing, the wrong doers will not tolerate it," Ramdev said.
On swine flu, he said over 100 people in the country have lost their lives due to the virus.
"Modern medical science has no remedy for swine flu, dengue, chikungunya, but we (yoga and ayurveda) have the cure. It is like cough and cold virus and it is an infectious disease which spreads fast," he said.
Ramdev also termed Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi as "confused".
On whether he endorses Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi's candidature for prime ministership, he repeatedly dodged the question saying, "There are so many who are fit for the job but only time will tell who is a hit."
On Afzal's hanging, he said, "The government first named saffron terror and then to appease Hindus, very cunningly executed the hanging."