UPPCL starts online electricity bill payment
- After arrest, Jitender Singh Tomar resigns as Delhi Law Minister
- Army begins operation near Myanmar border, kills militants involved in Manipur ambush
- Joint CP Mukesh Kumar Meena hits back, says he took charge at ACB under L-G's orders
- Congress president Sonia Gandhi accuses PM Modi of 'U-turns, falsehoods'
- UP minister booked for burning journalist to death over Facebook post
The Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Ltd (UPPCL) started online payment facility for electricity bills in Lucknow, Aligarh, Varanasi and Meerut cities today, after a 15-day trial run.
The corporation would be using HCL server for data base, whereas banking operations would be managed by the Punjab National Bank (PNB). Under the new facility, consumers will now be able to make their payments online through debit or credit cards. They would also get a copy of their previous bills and can know their due amount as well.
The consumers would get this facility at www.uppclonline.com. "It is an easy option for both the department as well as consumers. Out of about 40 lakh urban consumers in the state, we have transferred data of about 16 lakh consumers to the HCL server and work for the rest is going on," said Avnish Awasthi, Managing Director of UPPCL.
He further informed that the corporation is expecting about 5-10 per cent of its customers to chose online mode of payment.