UPPCL starts online electricity bill payment
- Inclusion of Jats in OBC list comes under SC scanner
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Country could face communal violence if Modi becomes PM, says Mayawati
- RBI: Growth rate to stay under 6 per cent
- Modi has deep character flaws... wouldâve fought in Varanasi if I knew Hindi: PC
- SC dismisses Centre's plea to review decision on Rajiv Gandhi killers
The Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Ltd (UPPCL) started online payment facility for electricity bills in Lucknow, Aligarh, Varanasi and Meerut cities today, after a 15-day trial run.
The corporation would be using HCL server for data base, whereas banking operations would be managed by the Punjab National Bank (PNB). Under the new facility, consumers will now be able to make their payments online through debit or credit cards. They would also get a copy of their previous bills and can know their due amount as well.
The consumers would get this facility at www.uppclonline.com. "It is an easy option for both the department as well as consumers. Out of about 40 lakh urban consumers in the state, we have transferred data of about 16 lakh consumers to the HCL server and work for the rest is going on," said Avnish Awasthi, Managing Director of UPPCL.
He further informed that the corporation is expecting about 5-10 per cent of its customers to chose online mode of payment.
- As campaigning picks up, candidates focus on strength areas of rivals
- 143 restaurants offer 30% discount to voters on April 30
- Auto union strike: Drivers demand Tricity permit
- RO serves Pawan Bansal show-cause notice
- BJP releases ‘chargesheet’ listing 16 Cong ‘scams’
- From mobile apps to post cards to call centres, parties go all out to woo voters