Uproar at PMC meet over corporator’s remarks
- Patel row: Army conducts flag march to restore peace; seven dead in violence
- I know the exact cause of Sheena's murder: Indrani's son Mikhail Bora
- 26/11 Mumbai attack: Pakistan FIA did not probe role of Hafiz Saeed and David Headley
- Two US television journalists shot dead during live show; gunman dies in hospital
- OROP: Ex-servicemen say govt short changing them, dismiss its proposal
Congress corporator Balgude alleged corporators and civic officers were hand-in-glove in siphoning off funds for erecting electricity poles
The Pune Municipal Corporation's (PMC) general body meeting witnessed a pandemonium on Tuesday after Congress corporator Sanjay Balgude alleged that the elected representatives and the civic officers were hand-in- glove in allegedly siphoning off funds meant for erecting electricity poles.
While discussing a proposal to divert funds for new work, Balgude alleged that there had been instances where funds meant for erecting electricity poles have been siphoned off without getting the work done. "The civic officers without getting the work done shared the amount with corporators," he said.
The opposition led by MNS and BJP raised an objection to the statement and demanded the names of the corporators and civic officers involved in the alleged irregularities be announced. To this, Balgude replied that he would reveal the names only if CID investigation is ordered into the matter.