Uproar over ‘girl dancers’ in hostel party, MSU probes
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Kejriwal holds roadshow in Varanasi before filing nomination
- Mulayam Yadav calls Narendra Modi a liar, says he changes 500 kurtas a day
- Bhavnagar model: Muslim buys house, canât move in
- 12-yr-olds also voted in this Bihar village
- Shazia says Muslims should become 'communal' when they vote
A freshers' party at a M S University hostel organised by Akhil Bhartiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) on Tuesday night caused uproar after dancers were brought in to gyrate on peppy Bollywood numbers before hundreds of students.
Amid protests by different student outfits, the university authorities on Wednesday constituted a committee to inquire into the matter. "We have constituted a committee under university proctor Shailendra Kushwaha to look into the matter. We will take action based on committee finding," V-C Yogesh Singh said.
The ABVP said the warden of the hostel, where the party was organised, brought in dance girls without their prior knowledge.
MSU students' union general secretary Jayesh Balai, who represents ABVP, and other participants said the warden of RT Hall hostel Ashish Guruji, had collected money from hostel students to arrange the show. Members of student outfits such as National Students Union of India and All India Democratic Students Organisation (AIDSO) have demanded inquiry into the matter.
"The university should form committee to conduct independent inquiry into the matter and punish people who have been responsible for bringing in dance girl," Hitendra Desai, general secretary of NSUI Vadodara unit said.
"The AIDSO condemns the incident. We demand that the university conduct independent inquiry into the matter," Renu Rajput, AIDSO Vadodara unit president said.
- Run Away Style
- Stakes high for AIADMK, DMK as TN goes to polls
- Six Bengal constituencies go to poll tomorrow in second phase
- Whistleblower alleged kickbacks, favours in ‘thin client’ procurement; NDA never completed inquiry
- Pune AAP volunteers all set to hit campaign trail in Varanasi
- ‘Interstate’ gang of chain snatchers held; gold worth Rs 80 lakh seized