Uproar over ‘girl dancers’ in hostel party, MSU probes
- Naxal threat has to be quashed with a firm hand, says Pranab, as Maoists kill 16 in Chhattisgarh ambush
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to the west coast
- AAP defends Rs 20,000 per person dinner with Kejriwal, says it was transparent
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Narendra Modi's new found love for Bihar a ploy to win votes: Nitish Kumar
A freshers' party at a M S University hostel organised by Akhil Bhartiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) on Tuesday night caused uproar after dancers were brought in to gyrate on peppy Bollywood numbers before hundreds of students.
Amid protests by different student outfits, the university authorities on Wednesday constituted a committee to inquire into the matter. "We have constituted a committee under university proctor Shailendra Kushwaha to look into the matter. We will take action based on committee finding," V-C Yogesh Singh said.
The ABVP said the warden of the hostel, where the party was organised, brought in dance girls without their prior knowledge.
MSU students' union general secretary Jayesh Balai, who represents ABVP, and other participants said the warden of RT Hall hostel Ashish Guruji, had collected money from hostel students to arrange the show. Members of student outfits such as National Students Union of India and All India Democratic Students Organisation (AIDSO) have demanded inquiry into the matter.
"The university should form committee to conduct independent inquiry into the matter and punish people who have been responsible for bringing in dance girl," Hitendra Desai, general secretary of NSUI Vadodara unit said.
"The AIDSO condemns the incident. We demand that the university conduct independent inquiry into the matter," Renu Rajput, AIDSO Vadodara unit president said.
- School kids ‘adopt’ spotted deer at Sanjay Gandhi National Park
- Jain trust gets HC caveat to ordain minor as sadhu
- Time to help Zaheer make the decision: Prasad
- BMC in a ‘tearing’ hurry as poll code kicks in
- Two men shot at in Tilak Nagar, different versions puzzle police
- Shami makes most of lively wicket
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express