Uproar over Telangana, children deaths in Muzaffarnagar, Parliament adjourned twice
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Protests by members over JPC report on spectrum scam, price rise, Telangana and the death of children in Muzaffarnagar relief camps disrupted Parliament on Monday leading to repeated adjournments.
As soon as Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha assembled for the day, members of Telugu Desam Party, BSP and the Left rushed to the Well raising various demands.
Both the Houses were adjourned twice amid continued slogan-shouting - the first time till noon and then till 2 PM.
In the Lok Sabha, TDP members opposed bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh and displayed placards in the Well that said 'Save Andhra Pradesh'.
Members of Left parties protested disallowing of discussion on the price situation after they moved adjournment motions on the issue. Some MPs from Kerala protested against the import of rubber and demanded a complete ban on it.
As the uproar continued, Speaker Meira Kumar adjourned the House till noon. When the House reassembled, similar situation persisted as papers were being laid, forcing her to adjourn the House till 2 PM.
In Rajya Sabha too, BSP members trooped into the Well to demand dismissal of Uttar Pradesh government as they displayed newspaper reports saying children had died in Muzaffarnagar relief camps.
SP members were on their feet raising the issue of price hike, but they could not be heard in the din.
Two TDP members - C M Ramesh and Y S Chaudhary - too were in the Well displaying placard in favour of united Andhra Pradesh.
Chairman Hamid Ansari repeatedly asked members not to display banners and return to their seats.
As members did not heed his request, he adjourned the House till noon.
- I will protest against Arvind Kejriwal if he indulges in wrongdoing: AnnaÂ Hazare
- Amit Shah not named in supplementary chargesheet filed by CBI in Ishrat Jahan fake encounterÂ case
- Narendra Modiâ€™s Kolkata rally â€˜okayâ€™, crowd only 50,000 : VarunÂ Gandhi
- Stop personal attacks, Rahul tells spokespersons | The Indian Express