Urad, moong up on local demand
- No permission for Gujarat roadshow: Arvind Kejriwal released after brief detention
- RJD, Congress agree on seat-sharing deal for Bihar
- Supreme Court takes suo motu cognisance of ink attack on Subrata Roy
- Rahul slams BJP, says party wants to vest power in one person
- Sheila Dikshit appointed Kerala Governor; Congress-RJD pact likely today
Urad and moong prices rose by Rs 50 per quintal on the wholesale pulses market today largely supported by rising demand from local parties.
Elsewhere, other pulses after moving in a tight range,closed at previous levels.
In the national capital, urad and urad chilka (local) traded Rs 50 each higther at Rs 3,230-3,830 and Rs 4,130-4,480 per quintal respectively.
Moong and dal moong also traded higher by similar margin to Rs 5,050-5,650 and 5,650-6,050 per quintal respectively.
Marketmen said increased demand from local parties, helped select pulses to trade higher.
The following are today's pulses rates per quintal:
Urad 3,180-3,780, Urad Chilka (local) 4,080-4,430, best 4,600-5,100, Dhoya 5,000-5,100, Moong 5,000-5,600, Dal Moong Chilka local 5,600-6,000, Moong Dhoya local 6,100-6,200 and best quality 6,800-6,900.
Masoor small 3,450-3,650, bold 3,600-3,800, Dal Masoor local 4,050-4,150, best quality 4,150-4,250, Malka local 3,800-3,900, best 4,000-4,100, Moth 3,800-4,100, Arhar 4,050-4,250, Dal Arhar Dara 5,650-5,850.
Gram 4,500-5,850, Gram Dal (local) 5,600-5,700, best quality 5,800-5,900, Besan (35 kg) Shakti bhog 2,060, Rajdhani 2,060, Rajmah Chitra 6,950-8,950, Kabli Gram small 4,600-7,400, dabra 2,700-2,800, imported 4,700-5,100; Lobia 3,600-4,000, Peas white 2,825-2,850 and green 2,925-3,025.