HTC launches Butterfly, a phone with full HD display, for Rs 45,990
- My government will not be vindictive: Narendra Modi on Robert Vadra
- Serious allegations against N Srinivasan in IPL spot-fixing probe report, keep him away from BCCI: Supreme Court
- Rahul tears into Narendra Modi's 'toffee model' development in Gujarat
- Karnataka: At least six burnt to death, 12 injured as bus catches fire
- Preview: Former champs lock horns in heavyweight clash
HTC launched Butterfly, a 5-inch smartphone with full HD 1080-pixel display and a resolution of 440 pixels per inch. The Butterfly has the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon quad-core processor, HTC Sense 4+ and Android Jelly Bean (4.1).
The phone weighs just 140 grams and feels well-built. It has 2GB RAM, 16 GB internal storage, 25GB of free Dropbox cloud storage and a microSD card slot. The phone has a micro SIM slot.
Another feature HTC is proud of is the phone's camera. It is an 8-megapixel f/2.0 28mm wide-angle lens, with five-level automatic flash, backside illuminated sensor (BSI), and autofocus. HTC's VideoPic technology allows you to capture photos while shooting video. You can also shoot up to 99 images in the continuous shooting mode, at four frames per second. There is a 2.1-megapixel wide-angle (88-degree) front camera that helps shoot self-portraits with more people.
The phone comes with Beats Audio technology, that "delivers crystal clear sound with less distortion, even at maximum volume".
The battery is rated at 2,020 mAh, which is a bit less when the phone's powerful hardware is taken into consideration.
Connectivity options include HDMI out, microUSB, Infrared, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, and NFC.
HTC Butterfly will be available for Rs 45,990 (best buy price) and the MRP is Rs 49,900.