US airport calming nerves of fretful travellers with 'therapy dogs'
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day, halfway mark crossed
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- April 17 poll roundup: Rajnath says only Modi will be PM; Jaswant Singh writes to EC against Raje
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, DD vs RCB: Rahul breaks solid stand, Patel departs
The concept of therapy dogs first started during World Word II, where they were used to lift the spirits of injured and sick soldiers. In the decades since, therapy dogs have been employed everywhere from high schools to convalescent homes.
Miami International Airport has a similar therapy dog program in place and Los Angeles International Airport is in the process of starting a therapy dog program of its own.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18