US Army's new Taliban-hunting super weapon revealed
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
The US Army has revealed that it has a new super weapon that can effectively hunt down and target the Taliban in Afghanistan.
The weapon is a small precision grenade that flies just above the enemy and suddenly explodes, taking the target down.
According to ABC News, the army's next generation grenade rifle system has been used in several real firefights in Afghanistan. The experimental XM-25 is lovingly referred to as "The Punisher."
The video, released by the Army and posted on Military.com, is the closest look yet at the XM-25 and demonstrates not only the weapon''s ability to detonate a grenade at a precise, pre-programmed distance, potentially eliminating enemies'' ability to hide behind cover, but also its high-tech sighting system and various ammunition loads.
Five prototypes of the rifles have already seen combat in nine operational missions in Afghanistan as part of what the military called a "forward operational assessment" of the weapon.
There, they helped soldiers put a quicker end to deadly firefights, according to a February report by the military.
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun
- Movie review: â€˜Jai hoâ€™ | The Indian Express