US Army's new Taliban-hunting super weapon revealed
- 2002-03 Mumbai blasts: Three convicts including Muzammil Ansari awarded life sentence
- Delhi HC refuses to grant interim protection to Virbhadra Singh's children
- President's rule in Uttarakhand: HC rejects Centre's plea for adjournment
- #PanamaPapersIndia Part 3: Bellary baron, tank tycoon, top industrialist
- Panama papers: Amid freeze in Iceland, warmth in Delhi
The US Army has revealed that it has a new super weapon that can effectively hunt down and target the Taliban in Afghanistan.
The weapon is a small precision grenade that flies just above the enemy and suddenly explodes, taking the target down.
According to ABC News, the army's next generation grenade rifle system has been used in several real firefights in Afghanistan. The experimental XM-25 is lovingly referred to as "The Punisher."
The video, released by the Army and posted on Military.com, is the closest look yet at the XM-25 and demonstrates not only the weapon''s ability to detonate a grenade at a precise, pre-programmed distance, potentially eliminating enemies'' ability to hide behind cover, but also its high-tech sighting system and various ammunition loads.
Five prototypes of the rifles have already seen combat in nine operational missions in Afghanistan as part of what the military called a "forward operational assessment" of the weapon.
- Nuclear Security Summit brought a timely focus on the link between nuclear and cyber security
- Baba Patriotism: Why Ramdev would do well to go into vanvaas
- From nuclear decision-making to foreign relations, Sharif seems to be gasping for breath
- No jobs in sight: There is a mounting employment crisis in India
- Telescope: Anandi to Pratyusha
- JNU and HCU targeted because they attract and nurture students from lower castes