US citizen asked to leave India for meeting ISI agent in Darjeeling jail
- Janata Parivar Wedding: PM Narendra Modi 'showstopper' at Saifai
- Sena defends Modi suit auction, says see what amount Rahul's wardrobe would fetch
- The net widens: Top executives from five firms, two consultants arrested
- After Manjhi anti-climax, Nitish begins second act: ‘With folded hands, sorry’
- Congress yet to apologise for coal loss, says PM Narendra Modi
A US citizen has been asked by the police to leave India within 48 hours after she was detained by the authorities of the Darjeeling District Jail where she had allegedly gone to meet an arrested ISI agent under a false identity.
Natasha Singh, a resident of California in the US, yesterday met Mesasouria, one of the four ISI agents arrested by the police at Panihati in Kurseong sub-division on May 18, the police said today.
She was detained by the jail guards during her exit after she produced someone else's voter ID card on being asked to prove her identity.
Natasha, whose parents are of Indian origin, came to the country on a tourist visa, the police said adding that she had left for Delhi last night.