US citizen asked to leave India for meeting ISI agent in Darjeeling jail
- April 23 campaign roundup: AAP leader Somnath Bharti thrashed by alleged BJP supporters in Varanasi
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll of most influential people
- Priyanka Vadra rakes up snooping row to target Narendra Modi
- IPL 7: All-round Jadeja steals show in CSK win
A US citizen has been asked by the police to leave India within 48 hours after she was detained by the authorities of the Darjeeling District Jail where she had allegedly gone to meet an arrested ISI agent under a false identity.
Natasha Singh, a resident of California in the US, yesterday met Mesasouria, one of the four ISI agents arrested by the police at Panihati in Kurseong sub-division on May 18, the police said today.
She was detained by the jail guards during her exit after she produced someone else's voter ID card on being asked to prove her identity.
Natasha, whose parents are of Indian origin, came to the country on a tourist visa, the police said adding that she had left for Delhi last night.
- Fencing of Shakti Mills complete, PWD tells HC
- Muslim bodies urge voters to defeat ‘non-secular forces’
- Gandhis looted the nation: Modi
- Meagre pay, stress fuelling aggression in drivers: Gurgaon transport official
- North corpn orders probe against senior official after complaint by colleague
- Malfunctioning traffic light not repaired despite complaints