US citizen asked to leave India for meeting ISI agent in Darjeeling jail
- Srinagar on edge as Masarat Alam is arrested before Tral protest
- Modi should behave like a PM, not an RSS 'pracharak': Congress
- Vehicles set ablaze in Kolkata suburb after death of councillor's brother
- Yechury says Modi's frequent foreign trips to make up for years of not being able to fly
- VIDEO: The only Indian civilian to have done aerobatics on a Sukhoi
A US citizen has been asked by the police to leave India within 48 hours after she was detained by the authorities of the Darjeeling District Jail where she had allegedly gone to meet an arrested ISI agent under a false identity.
Natasha Singh, a resident of California in the US, yesterday met Mesasouria, one of the four ISI agents arrested by the police at Panihati in Kurseong sub-division on May 18, the police said today.
She was detained by the jail guards during her exit after she produced someone else's voter ID card on being asked to prove her identity.
Natasha, whose parents are of Indian origin, came to the country on a tourist visa, the police said adding that she had left for Delhi last night.