US consul general visits diamond markets in Surat
- Dadri: Outrage after mob lynches man for allegedly consuming beef
- At United Nations, Pak PM Sharif plays his old tune on Kashmir
- 2006 Mumbai train blasts: Death sentence for 5 convicts, life for 7
- Modi's foreign visits need to be backed up with action on ground: Rajan
- Diesel rates up by 50 paise from midnight tonight, no change in petrol price
Surat:The United States Consul General in Mumbai Peter Haas and Vice-Consul for Economic Affairs Eva D'Ambrosio Tuesday met diamond merchants of Surat and visited the diamond factories to have a better understanding of the market in the city. Haas met six leading diamond businessmen of Surat, including Gujarat regional head of Gems and Jewellery Export Promotion Council Chandrakant Sanghavi and Indian Diamond Institute director Agam Sanghavi. Agam Sanghavi said, "We expect that something positive will definitely come out from the visit as the US is the biggest market of diamond consumers."
Two more die of swine flu, toll at 49