US consul general visits diamond markets in Surat
- Rail Budget 2015: No hike in passenger fares, Prabhu promises modern rail network
- Rail Budget: Ally Shiv Sena not satisfied, but Mulayam says Prabhu has done a 'good job'
- Rail Budget futuristic and passenger centric: PM Modi
- PDP, BJP thrash out differences; all clear for Mufti-Modi meeting tomorrow
- Hummer horror: Senior policeman suspended for secretly meeting Kerala businessman
Surat:The United States Consul General in Mumbai Peter Haas and Vice-Consul for Economic Affairs Eva D'Ambrosio Tuesday met diamond merchants of Surat and visited the diamond factories to have a better understanding of the market in the city. Haas met six leading diamond businessmen of Surat, including Gujarat regional head of Gems and Jewellery Export Promotion Council Chandrakant Sanghavi and Indian Diamond Institute director Agam Sanghavi. Agam Sanghavi said, "We expect that something positive will definitely come out from the visit as the US is the biggest market of diamond consumers."
Two more die of swine flu, toll at 49
AHMEDABAD:Two people died of swine flu Tuesday while 11 new cases were detected across the state, health authorities said. Tuesday's deaths occurred in Rajkot and Kutch districts, said Dr G C Patel, nodal officer of the state's integrated disease surveillance programme. The swine flu toll in the state so far this year now stood at 49, he said.