US does it again, TV channel calls Hindu deities 'weird'
- Rafale deal: India sign agreement with France to acquire 36 fighter jets
- Subrata Roy set to go back to Tihar jail; SC declines to extend parole
- Explained: Restricting Pakistan's access to Indus easier said than done
- MNS-affiliate sets 48-hour deadline for Pakistani artists to leave India
- BJP-BDJS alliance in Kerala on verge of collapse hints leader
An American television station here has offended the Hindu community after a sports commentary on its website used the term "weird" to describe their deities.
The commentary on an ice hockey match published on NBC Chicago website yesterday titled 'Why a 3-1 Blackhawks Loss Isn't So Bad', detailing Nashville Predators beating Chicago Blackhawks 3-1, said Predators were "swallowing up space like some weird Hindu god".
A Nevada-based Hindu community leader, in a statement, today said about one billion Hindus worldwide worshipped their deities almost on a daily basis and labelling them as "weird" was highly hurting their feelings.
He demanded immediate removal of inappropriate words from the website and publication of an apology.
He stressed these deities were highly revered in Hinduism and inappropriate usage of Hindu deities or concepts for commercial or other agenda was not okay as it hurt devotees.
- Pakistan and India must get together to isolate the Kashmir issue
- GST is reform long delayed, but there may be good reason not to hurry it through now
- Gau rakshak vs Make in India
- Pope Francis’ message is one that India and Pakistan must hear
- Dengue & chikungunya can be tackled via swift surveillance, sustained controls
- TV channels tossed violent suggestions as casually as a peanut in the mouth