10 militants killed in US drone strike in northwest Pak
- Siachen avalanche: Lance Naik Hanamanthappa passes away three days after miraculous rescue
- Dr RK Pachauri goes on leave as TERI Chancellor, won't attend March 7 convocation
- Ishrat Jahan's mother on Headley deposition: Ploy by those guilty to salvage their names
- Write-offs a scam, small loans rarely in it, says former RBI Deputy Governor
- David Headley received money from ISI, LeT and Dr Rana
Stepping up attacks on Taliban hideouts on the Af-Pak border, a US drone on Wednesday fired missiles at a house in the restive tribal belt in northwest Pakistan, killing 10 militants and injuring several others.
Two missiles were fired at a suspected militant position in Danday Darpa Khel, two kilometres north of Miranshah, the main town of North Waziristan Agency, killing the militants, officials said.
The exact identity of the dead militants and the group to which they belonged could not immediately be ascertained.
This was the fifth missiles strike in the region over the past six days.
North Waziristan is a hot bed of al-Qaeda operatives and Taliban fighters associated with the Haqqani network that are engaged in battle against the US and NATO forces across the border in Afghanistan.