US elections: Imagining the Inaugural Address
- Naxals attack CRPF convoy in Chhattisgarh, 20 jawans feared dead
- Election Live: Rahul Gandhi addresses rally on Narendra Modi's turf
- Missing Malaysia Airlines: âFakeâ passports mystery deepens
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
Barack Obama has won the US elections. He will have two months to write an inaugural address. From the New York Times, two inaugural addresses assembled from each candidate's previous speeches and campaigns.
President Barack Obama
Well, thank you, everybody. Thank you so much. Everybody have a seat.
The last four years
Four years ago I said I'm not a perfect man and I wouldn't be a perfect president. I have kept that promise. I told you I'd end the war in Iraq. I did. I said we'd end the war in Afghanistan. We are...The point is the commitments I've made, I've kept them
The next four years
We haven't finished all the work we set out to do in 2008 just yet. I've still got my day job, and so I'm working hard solving problems. I'm fighting.
When I walked in the Oval Office, I had more than a trillion dollar deficit greeting me, and we know where it came from. I'm just saying. We have a significant long term debt that has to be dealt with.
We've got to think about the future, not just look backwards at the past. We're only here because somebody, somewhere felt a responsibility to our country's future. In America, our destiny is not written for us; it's written by us.
President Mitt Romney
He may have lost the election, but here is what we think he would have said..
Thank you! Thank you so much.Wow.Greatto be with you today.
The last four years
Four years ago, I know many Americans felt a fresh excitement...But there's been a lot of disappointment over the last four years. I know these have been tough years and we're tired of being tired. But I have to tell you, good things are going to happen in America
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express