US expert says Pakistan relationship is like 'salvaging a troubled marriage'
- Babri Masjid demolition case: SC issues notices to Advani, other BJP leaders over conspiracy charges
- Seven years ago, everyone saw Delhi’s air take a deadly U-turn but no one did a thing
- LIVE: 16 dead as floods ravage parts of Jammu and Kashmir
- Take this, Congress: NDA plans a memorial for Narasimha Rao
- Punjab panel books Muslims, Christians with ‘fake’ SC papers
"Quite simply, Pakistan is endowed with immense strategic importance, and for reasons having little to do with Afghanistan. Pakistan boasts a large and young population (two thirds of Pakistanis are under 30), and it will soon become the world's fifth most populous country. It also has the world's seventh-largest army and has nearly surpassed Great Britain as the fifth-largest nuclear power," he wrote.