US is world's laziest country: Survey
- Raja 'misled' Manmohan Singh on policy matters: CBI to court
- RSS raises Ambedkar vs Mother Teresa row
- From Maldives, road to Islamic State goes via drugs, gangs and jail
- In a first, Indian military contingent to march at Moscow’s Red Square
- Maharashtra by-poll: Shiv Sena set to retain Bandra (E), NCP wins Tasgaon
Americans are the laziest people on the planet, according to a new survey. The 'Daily Beast' survey took into consideration daily calorie intake, TV viewing habits, percentage of the population that plays sports and Internet usage, reports the New York Post.
Out of those four categories, the US was first in calories and watching the most TV – enough for the top spot. The Canadians came second after leading the planet in Internet usage. Belgium, a nation known for its waffles, beer and pomme frittes, stood third while Turkey landed the fourth spot.
The last in the survey was Switzerland since its people spend the least amount of time in front of the TV of all the 24 countries on the list. The top five laziest countries are: US, Canada,Belgium,Turkey,Great Britain.