US is world's laziest country: Survey
- Arvind Kejriwal hits back at Jung on cancelling secy appointments
- US releases documents recovered in raid that killed Osama bin Laden
- Al Qaeda describes 26/11 Mumbai attack as 'heroic Fidai', 'blessed' operation
- Key member of Modi's poll campaign team likely to work for Nitish Kumar
- Food inspectors order recall of Maggi noodles, say it contains excess lead
Americans are the laziest people on the planet, according to a new survey. The 'Daily Beast' survey took into consideration daily calorie intake, TV viewing habits, percentage of the population that plays sports and Internet usage, reports the New York Post.
Out of those four categories, the US was first in calories and watching the most TV – enough for the top spot. The Canadians came second after leading the planet in Internet usage. Belgium, a nation known for its waffles, beer and pomme frittes, stood third while Turkey landed the fourth spot.
The last in the survey was Switzerland since its people spend the least amount of time in front of the TV of all the 24 countries on the list. The top five laziest countries are: US, Canada,Belgium,Turkey,Great Britain.