US is world's laziest country: Survey
- GST Bill in Rajya Sabha this week, Jaitley to discuss amendments with state finance ministers
- Narsingh Yadav fails dope test, Rio 2016 Olympics participation under threat
- AAP MLA Amanatullah Khan arrested for threatening a woman
- Kin of missing AN-32 passengers, crew: Across the country, they wait for word, hoping and praying
- Kashmir unrest: Of 317 with pellet injuries in action by CRPF, over 50% have been hit in eye
Americans are the laziest people on the planet, according to a new survey. The 'Daily Beast' survey took into consideration daily calorie intake, TV viewing habits, percentage of the population that plays sports and Internet usage, reports the New York Post.
Out of those four categories, the US was first in calories and watching the most TV – enough for the top spot. The Canadians came second after leading the planet in Internet usage. Belgium, a nation known for its waffles, beer and pomme frittes, stood third while Turkey landed the fourth spot.
- The recent violence against Dalits in Gujarat is a fallout of the Sangh Parivar’s diktats on food
- Turkey’s coup reveals the fragile relationship between Islam and democracy
- The Sangh Parivar has furthered the colonial understanding of India’s past
- Better state support and supportive social environment can help independent filmmakers
- Next Door Nepal: Chinese checkers
- Kashmir unrest: A to-do list for PM Modi