Man arrested for planning mass shooting at ‘Breaking Dawn’ screening
- Serious allegations against N Srinivasan in IPL spot-fixing probe report, keep him away from BCCI: Supreme Court
- GMR pilots skip medical tests before flying Rahul Gandhi, to be grounded
- Supreme Court recognises third gender, glimmer of hope for gays
- Karnataka: At least six burnt to death, 12 injured as bus catches fire
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Sonia to address rally in Telangana; Smriti Irani to file nomination shortly
US authorities have arrested a 20-year-old man who allegedly planed to commit a mass murder at the screening of a 'Twilight film', and at a Missouri Walmart.
Court documents showed that Blaec Lammers had purchased assault rifles and more than 400 rounds of ammunition.
His mother had told authorities on Thursday that her son had purchased weapons similar to those used by James Holmes, the Colorado movie theater massacre shooter, CBS news reports.
"Blaec Lammers stated that he had a lot in common with the people involved in (recent mass shootings)," court documents said.
"Blaec Lammers stated that he was quiet, kind of a loner, had recently purchased firearms and didn''t tell anybody about it, and had homicidal thoughts," it added.
According to a report by KCTV, Lammers admitted to police that he had bought a rifle on Monday and another on Tuesday with the intention of shooting audience members who attended a showing of "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn: Part 2" at a theater in Bolivar.
He also planned to continue shooting at a local Walmart because he thought he could have access to additional ammunition, the report said.