US Marines drink cobra blood in Thailand forest training exercise
- In Karnataka, Modi hits back at Rahul over balloon jibe on Gujarat model, asks if he trusts Sonia
- Sabir Ali steps up attack on Naqvi, says the BJP leader should prove allegations or apologise
- Five pending cases against Congress' Imran Masood
- BJP for action against illegal migrants from Bangladesh: Rajnath Singh
- India vs Australia Live Cricket Score: India lose track in middle overs
A female Marine drank blood of a dead cobra during a military training exercise in jungles in Thailand.
The US soldier is one of around 13,000 taking part in Cobra Gold 2013, an annual, multi-national military training programme that incorporates jungle survival techniques.
According to the Daily Mail, after being taught how to kill the venomous snakes by Thai naval instructors, the Marines were given the option of experiencing a local custom that was drinking the animals' blood.
Many of the Marines appeared unperturbed at the prospect of drinking cobra blood, which is sold as an aphrodisiac in parts of Eastern Asia.
The U.S. Marines were taking part in Cobra Gold 13 alongside Thai military personnel and soldiers from five other countries— Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Indonesia and Singapore.
The 11-day military exercise, taking place in Thailand's Chon Buri province, covers amphibious assault, humanitarian relief, and evacuation of friendly forces, as well as jungle survival techniques, the report added.
- Fight from Varanasi if you want to stop Modi: RUC to Mulayam
- EC disqualfies 48 contesting candidates including ex-MP in J&K
- BJP gives TDP 24-hours to seal Andhra Pradesh alliance
- DGCA to keep an eye on air charter firms flying politicians
- BJP propagating 'politics of hatred', says Sonia Gandhi
- Down in jungleland: Spring Sonata