US Marines drink cobra blood in Thailand forest training exercise
- Bangladesh: Blast at Eid congregation in Kishoreganj area, 2 dead
- Prakash Javadekar takes charge of HRD Ministry, reacts to Ali Anwar's comment on Smriti Irani
- PM Modi’s new team shows his capacity to think politically, keep an eye on the future
- The shift after Cabinet reshuffle: Key infra, economic portfolios with junior ministers
- Uttarakhand cloudbursts: In washed away village, they look for signs of life — and gold
A female Marine drank blood of a dead cobra during a military training exercise in jungles in Thailand.
The US soldier is one of around 13,000 taking part in Cobra Gold 2013, an annual, multi-national military training programme that incorporates jungle survival techniques.
According to the Daily Mail, after being taught how to kill the venomous snakes by Thai naval instructors, the Marines were given the option of experiencing a local custom that was drinking the animals' blood.
Many of the Marines appeared unperturbed at the prospect of drinking cobra blood, which is sold as an aphrodisiac in parts of Eastern Asia.
The U.S. Marines were taking part in Cobra Gold 13 alongside Thai military personnel and soldiers from five other countries— Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Indonesia and Singapore.
- A note for Mr Prakash Javadekar
- Brexit vote shows democracy can defeat itself
- Founder of the Aligarh Muslim University wanted it to be a non-sectarian institution
- Retrogressive tendencies unleashed by the Emergency have gained an upper-hand
- PM Modi’s new team shows his capacity to think politically
- Across the Muslim world, Zakir Naik promotes religious prejudice, if not hatred