US military justice code sets standards on adultery
- Uphaar fire: Ansal brothers walk free, SC rules Rs 60-cr fine adequate
- Bihar battle: Nitish shares dais with Kejriwal, calls Modi desperate
- Suspended IPS officer Sanjiv Bhatt sacked, says decision came after 'sham inquiry'
- Students tortured me using interrogation techniques: FTII director
- ACB chief Meena 'not acting in accordance with law': Delhi govt to HC
Each year, several cases lead to dismissals.
If the Allen probe confirms Allen had an "inappropriate" correspondence with a woman, he could technically be pursued under the code's Article 133 that punishes "conduct unbecoming an officer and gentleman."
The article defines such bawdy conduct as being the equivalent of being drunk or disorderly in public or associating with prostitutes.