US orders evacuation of non-essential staff from consulate in Lahore over terror threat
- 9 killed, over 40 injured as Bengaluru-Ernakulam Express train derails near Hosur
- SC says allegations grave, but grants relief to Teesta Setalvad in cheating case
- All you need to know about AAP's WiFi Delhi promise
- 19 killed as militants storm Shia mosque in Pakistan
- Modi’s cricket diplomacy: Renewing political contact with Pakistan
The American State Department said on Thursday it had ordered the evacuation of all non-essential staff from the US consulate in Lahore, Pakistan, following a terrorism threat.
"We are undertaking this drawdown due to concerns about credible threat information specific to the US Consulate in Lahore," a senior State Department official said in a statement.
The State Department also warned US citizens to defer all non-essential travel to Pakistan following the threat.