US orders evacuation of non-essential staff from consulate in Lahore over terror threat
- Indonesian military plane crash death toll rises to 74
- Eurogroup turned down Greek bailout extension, says Finnish FinMin Alexander Stubb
- Disappointment creeping in over Modi govt's reform pace: Moody's
- Dholpur Palace: Congress' fresh document says it's a govt property
- Greece will not pay IMF debt on Tuesday: Finance minister
The American State Department said on Thursday it had ordered the evacuation of all non-essential staff from the US consulate in Lahore, Pakistan, following a terrorism threat.
"We are undertaking this drawdown due to concerns about credible threat information specific to the US Consulate in Lahore," a senior State Department official said in a statement.
The State Department also warned US citizens to defer all non-essential travel to Pakistan following the threat.