US orders evacuation of non-essential staff from consulate in Lahore over terror threat
- Hang me if I have committed crime, no apology: Narendra Modi
- Elections 2014 LIVE: EC censures Amit Shah, Azam Khan over controversial remarks
- Rahul Gandhi tells Narendra Modi: 'Ullu' banana band karo
- Serious allegations against N Srinivasan in IPL spot-fixing probe report, keep him away from BCCI: Supreme Court
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score: Malinga breaks solid stand, cleans up Pandey for 64
The American State Department said on Thursday it had ordered the evacuation of all non-essential staff from the US consulate in Lahore, Pakistan, following a terrorism threat.
"We are undertaking this drawdown due to concerns about credible threat information specific to the US Consulate in Lahore," a senior State Department official said in a statement.
The State Department also warned US citizens to defer all non-essential travel to Pakistan following the threat.