US presidential hopeful Bobby Jindal in SUV crash
- Zero-tolerance towards communal violence, must act: Centre to states
- Varanasi: Violence breaks out during protest march, vehicles set ablaze
- Germany our natural partner, says Modi after meeting Merkel; 18 MoUs inked to boost trade
- Why the BJP finds itself in a spot before Gujarat local body polls
- Supreme Court suspends beef ban in Jammu & Kashmir for two months
Indian-American Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal has escaped unhurt after a large rental truck sideswiped his SUV while he was returning home from his son's soccer game in Baton Rouge.
The crash happened on Nicholson Drive near Oklahoma Street yesterday evening, according to the Louisiana State Police.
A "box" rental truck allegedly made an illegal U-turn in front of two unmarked State Police vehicles, Captain Doug Cain said.
Governor Jindal was inside the first SUV which was sideswiped by the truck, according to Cain. The second SUV then hit a utility pole, CBS News affiliate WAFB reported.
The Trooper in the second SUV received minor injuries, Cain added. There were no other injuries in the crash.
Investigators say the driver of the truck was cited for Improper Turn.
"The Governor was involved in a traffic accident this afternoon on the way home from his son's soccer game after a truck made an illegal u-turn in front of his vehicle," the Governor's Office said in a statement.
"The Governor did not sustain any injuries, and he is thankful for the work of the Louisiana State Police who keep him and his family safe every day," the statement said.