US presidential hopeful Bobby Jindal in SUV crash
- Tanzanian student was not stripped, paraded naked: K'taka Home Minister
- National Herald case: Sonia, Rahul Gandhi move SC challenging Delhi HC order
- Budget session of Parliament to begin on Feb 23; Jaitley hopeful of GST
- Suspended UP chief engineer Yadav Singh arrested, Congress, BJP say probe links
- Will stand by Pakistan if it acts on terror: Rajnath Singh
Indian-American Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal has escaped unhurt after a large rental truck sideswiped his SUV while he was returning home from his son's soccer game in Baton Rouge.
The crash happened on Nicholson Drive near Oklahoma Street yesterday evening, according to the Louisiana State Police.
A "box" rental truck allegedly made an illegal U-turn in front of two unmarked State Police vehicles, Captain Doug Cain said.
Governor Jindal was inside the first SUV which was sideswiped by the truck, according to Cain. The second SUV then hit a utility pole, CBS News affiliate WAFB reported.
The Trooper in the second SUV received minor injuries, Cain added. There were no other injuries in the crash.
Investigators say the driver of the truck was cited for Improper Turn.
"The Governor was involved in a traffic accident this afternoon on the way home from his son's soccer game after a truck made an illegal u-turn in front of his vehicle," the Governor's Office said in a statement.
"The Governor did not sustain any injuries, and he is thankful for the work of the Louisiana State Police who keep him and his family safe every day," the statement said.
- Outcome on Section 377 will depend on composition of the Constitution bench
- Inadequate staff, payment delays undermine MGNREGA in drought-hit Mahabubnagar
- ICDS, the primary scheme targeting malnutrition, needs to be broadened
- Rohith's death must focus attention on the rites of exclusion in the university
- Telescope: State in the bedroom
- The economy is best served by lowering interest rates and blocking protectionism