US to host special Copa America in 2016
- Tanzanian student was not stripped, paraded naked: K'taka Home Minister
- National Herald case: Sonia, Rahul Gandhi move SC challenging Delhi HC order
- Budget session of Parliament to begin on Feb 23; Jaitley hopeful of GST
- Suspended UP chief engineer Yadav Singh arrested, Congress, BJP say probe links
- Will stand by Pakistan if it acts on terror: Rajnath Singh
South American football's governing body CONMEBOL said it will stage a special Copa America tournament in the United States in 2016 to mark the organisation's centenary.
The competition will include the ten teams from South America plus Mexico, the United States and four others from CONCACAF, the federation for North and Central America and the Caribbean.
"In July 2016, CONMEBOL will celebrate its first century.
In order to commemorate it with the pomp it deserves, the association presidents and members of the executive committee have decided to hold a tournament with nations across the Americas," said a statement from the South American federation yesterday.
The event is set for July and will take place between the 2015 and 2019 Copa America tournaments, CONMEBOL said.
- Outcome on Section 377 will depend on composition of the Constitution bench
- Inadequate staff, payment delays undermine MGNREGA in drought-hit Mahabubnagar
- ICDS, the primary scheme targeting malnutrition, needs to be broadened
- Rohith's death must focus attention on the rites of exclusion in the university
- Telescope: State in the bedroom
- The economy is best served by lowering interest rates and blocking protectionism