US-made pistol recovered from ‘most-wanted criminal’
- 15 security personnel killed as Naxals attack CRPF convoy in Chhattisgarh
- Malaysia military believes it has tracked missing jet over Strait of Malacca
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Narendra Modi's new found love for Bihar a ploy to win votes: Nitish Kumar
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
The Special Cell arrested Satender Kala, a member of the Neetu Dabodia gang, in Rithala, Outer Delhi, on Thursday. Kala is on Harayana Police's list of 10 most-wanted criminals. Prior to his arrest, Kala fired a few rounds at police. Policemen managed to trap him in his Hyundai Accent and arrested him.
Police have recovered a US-made pistol from Kala. The inscriptions on the pistol, inside the bore, revealed that it was made for the United States Army. The pistol has been sent to CFSL for forensic examination. According to the FIR, the inscription on the pistol reads, "United States Property, M 1911 AI US Army No. 1647365."
The Delhi Police and Haryana Police had offered a reward of Rs 1 lakh each for information leading to Kala's arrest. Kala is accused in several cases of murder and honour killing.
Kala is also wanted by the Economic Offences Wing of the Delhi Police in several cases of cheating and land-grabbing.
Deputy Commissioner of Police (Special Cell) Sanjeev Yadav said, "The accused is a notorious criminal from the Neetu Dabodia gang. We hope to arrest the other gang members soon."
Kala's father is a sarpanch of the Bhadana village in Haryana. Kala had started his criminal career at the age of 21, police said. In 2004, he was in Sonepat jail.
He prepared a fake jail order and got himself transferred to Sirsa jail. When his forgery was found out, he told police that he had developed enmity with inmates in the Sonepat jail.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express