US-made pistol recovered from ‘most-wanted criminal’
- Live: Hurriyat hardliner Masarat Alam's release rocks Parliament, Cong seeks PM's statement
- Dimapur lynching: On social media, first ‘rape’, then ‘Bangladesh man’
- Seconds before being stabbed, Indian techie called husband to say she was being followed
- Land acquisition debate: ‘They gave us a window, then went back to 1894’
- Beef ban may spell doom for Dharavi leather trade
The Special Cell arrested Satender Kala, a member of the Neetu Dabodia gang, in Rithala, Outer Delhi, on Thursday. Kala is on Harayana Police's list of 10 most-wanted criminals. Prior to his arrest, Kala fired a few rounds at police. Policemen managed to trap him in his Hyundai Accent and arrested him.
Police have recovered a US-made pistol from Kala. The inscriptions on the pistol, inside the bore, revealed that it was made for the United States Army. The pistol has been sent to CFSL for forensic examination. According to the FIR, the inscription on the pistol reads, "United States Property, M 1911 AI US Army No. 1647365."
The Delhi Police and Haryana Police had offered a reward of Rs 1 lakh each for information leading to Kala's arrest. Kala is accused in several cases of murder and honour killing.
Kala is also wanted by the Economic Offences Wing of the Delhi Police in several cases of cheating and land-grabbing.
Deputy Commissioner of Police (Special Cell) Sanjeev Yadav said, "The accused is a notorious criminal from the Neetu Dabodia gang. We hope to arrest the other gang members soon."
Kala's father is a sarpanch of the Bhadana village in Haryana. Kala had started his criminal career at the age of 21, police said. In 2004, he was in Sonepat jail.
He prepared a fake jail order and got himself transferred to Sirsa jail. When his forgery was found out, he told police that he had developed enmity with inmates in the Sonepat jail.