Usmani sets guidelines to tackle encephalitis
Preparing to control encephalitis cases in the next season, Chief Secretary Jawed Usmani has asked the concerned departments to complete the construction of a 100-bed ventilator ward at BRD Medical College in Gorakhpur by March and make it functional by June 30.
The chief secretary has also asked all departments to prepare a detailed work plan and set milestones for encephalitis control, which he would review every month.
The instructions were given by Usmani while presiding over a meeting of the inter-department coordination committee for
encephalitis control on Monday.
The chief secretary ordered the officials to ensure ambulances at block level of all affected districts for rushing encephalitis patients to the nearest hospital.
Usmani asked officials to make a proposal for establishing rehabilitation centres for the disabled in Kushinagar, Balrampur and Ditapur and beautification of already established rehabilitation centres in the remaining 17 encephalitis-hit districts.
- Maya strikes a chord with city’s migrant population
- Kejriwal spends 5 hours in city; seeks votes for Panag, slams Bansal, Kher
- Kaka brace in 300th game for AC Milan
- East Bengal stay in title hunt after 2-1 win over Clube de Goa
- Chawlwala Mistry attacks chaiwala Modi in poll drive
- In WTA circuit, 30s all but the new 20s