UT hikes aid to gallantry award winners by 50 pc
- Telangana bill passage shows country can take difficult decisions: Prime Minister
- Top General speaks on 2012 troop movement: "Def Secy summoned me late night, said highest seat of power was worried, troops must go back quickly"
- âTroop movement shouldâve been avoided if they knew (V K Singhâs) court dateâ
- The 2012 troop movement investigations
- India slams Pakistan for allowing Masood Azhar to spew venom
UT Advisor says all women contractual employees working in the Administration will be provided with twelve weeks of paid maternity leave
On the occasion of Republic Day, the UT Advisor to the Administrator announced a 50 per cent increase in the financial grant to all gallantry award winners and their dependents in the city.
In his speech, the advisor, K K Sharma who was the chief guest on the occasion said that a notification to this effect will be issued shortly.
Further, he announced that from now on, all women contractual employees working in the Chandigarh Administration will be provided with twelve weeks of paid maternity leave.
Earlier in his speech, Sharma had said at the gathering at the Parade Ground at Sector 17 that the government of India has come up with ambitious plans and schemes to empower the residents of the city socially and economically.
He announced that the draft Master Plan of Chandigarh has been finalised with the perspective of 2031 and will serve as a holistic vision document for the planned growth and development of the city.
An Expert Heritage Committee has already been set up for regulating development in the areas requiring preservation.
A detailed project report for the Metro is already under the consideration of the Government. The Metro project includes linkages to Mohali and Panchkula.
To provide quality public transport, 100 more buses are being added to the existing fleet of the Chandigarh Transport Undertaking. The operations of CTU are being restructured to meet the transport needs of the tri-city, he said.
Various road infrastructure works are being undertaken to remove bottlenecks on city roads. A new bridge is being constructed on Patiala Ki Rao near village Khudda Lahora on the road from PGI to Sarangpur.
- What should common man expect when PM’s killers are freed: Rahul on Jayalalithaa’s decision
- Anna Hazare says, I support Mamata Banerjee for her ideas
- The regressive state | The Indian Express
- Top General speaks: Def Secy summoned me late night, said highest seat of power was worried, troops must go back quickly