UT to review speed limits, asks police for fresh proposal
- IPL spot-fixing: Delhi court drops charges against S Sreesanth and two other cricketers
- Nitish Kumar gets back at Modi, accuses him for 'not honouring promises'
- Major decisions on revision of role of women in armed forces on the anvil: Manohar Parrikar
- Congress, TMC and BJD to seek total withdrawal of NDA's land bill
- Never sought travel documents for Lalit Modi, says Sushma Swaraj
However, it has been decided that "only in rare cases, the Traffic Police may ask the engineering department and MC, Chandigarh, to do the repair/construction work during the night timings only if it is felt that if the said work is done during daytime then it would cause great inconvenience to the general public".
On the issue of lane driving, the officials held that due to heavy flow of traffic and congestion on the city roads and limited space in general on most roads, "it would not be feasible to dedicate any particular lane for any particular kind of traffic".
The experience of the ongoing implementation of "lane driving" on Jan Marg was also reviewed by the Traffic Police a month back.