UT to review speed limits, asks police for fresh proposal
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Modi: Omar Abdullah
- Supreme Court lifts mining ban in Goa, caps iron ore volume
- PMO begins work on Presidentâs Parliament speech for next govt
- In this TN seat, Cong, BJP and AAP take centrestage
- To prevent polarisation, EC tells Delhi Police âdonât publicise workâ
However, it has been decided that "only in rare cases, the Traffic Police may ask the engineering department and MC, Chandigarh, to do the repair/construction work during the night timings only if it is felt that if the said work is done during daytime then it would cause great inconvenience to the general public".
On the issue of lane driving, the officials held that due to heavy flow of traffic and congestion on the city roads and limited space in general on most roads, "it would not be feasible to dedicate any particular lane for any particular kind of traffic".
The experience of the ongoing implementation of "lane driving" on Jan Marg was also reviewed by the Traffic Police a month back.
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready