UT to review speed limits, asks police for fresh proposal
- Election LIVE: BJP's third candidate list out, Ram Kripal to contest from Patliputra against Lalu's daughter
- Show us the money, Supreme Court says, refuses bail to Subrata Roy
- December 16 gangrape: Delhi High Court upholds death to four convicts
- India joins global search to locate missing Malaysia Airlines plane
- Shiv Sena hits out at BJP, asks it to follow "alliance dharma"
However, it has been decided that "only in rare cases, the Traffic Police may ask the engineering department and MC, Chandigarh, to do the repair/construction work during the night timings only if it is felt that if the said work is done during daytime then it would cause great inconvenience to the general public".
On the issue of lane driving, the officials held that due to heavy flow of traffic and congestion on the city roads and limited space in general on most roads, "it would not be feasible to dedicate any particular lane for any particular kind of traffic".
The experience of the ongoing implementation of "lane driving" on Jan Marg was also reviewed by the Traffic Police a month back.