Uttar Pradesh register innings win
- Priyanka Gandhi denies report on fighting polls against Modi, says her focus remains Rae Bareli and Amethi
- After Sanjay Baru, former coal secretary Parakh's book embarrasses PM; 'Singh had little political authority'
- Two yrs after townâs first-ever riots, Kosi Kalan shadow hangs large over Mathura
- Fresh FIR against Azam Khan
- Election Live: BJP wants to destroy secular values, only Congress promises secularism, says Sonia Gandhi
Uttar Pradesh bowlers produced a disciplined effort to register a comfortable innings and 14 runs win against Services in their Group B Ranji Trophy match here today.
Starting their second innings with a deficit of 205 runs after the hosts posted 369 all out in their first innings, Services were bowled out for 191 in 57.5 overs at the Mohan Meakins Cricket Stadium.
Skipper Rajat Paliwal was the lone bright spot for Services as he scored a fluent 95 off 127 balls even as the others failed to put up a fight in the face of some disciplined bowling by the UP bowlers.
Medium pacer Imtiaz Ahmed emerged as the most successful bowler, returning figures of 3/16, while there were two wickets apiece for spearhead R P Singh, Amit Mishra and Piyush Chawla.
Shadab Nazar was the second best scorer with 29 runs to his name. Paliwal struck 15 fours during his knock on the third day.
A lot of credit for the win should also be given to Eklavya Dwivedi, who top-scored in the match with a calculated 131, which consolidated UP's position after they bundled out the visitors for 164 in their first innings.
Services 164 & 191 in 57.5 overs (R Paliwal 95; Imtiaz Ahmed 3/16).
- Security men at every step, Shinde keeps ‘safe distance’ from voters, debunks charges
- In Beed, Modi factor dents Munde’s goodwill among Muslims
- Ambareesh campaigns for Nilekani
- Raids on Bellary moneylender yield Rs 8.74 crore cash
- MP faces Amreli villagers’ ire in campaign
- JERC approves sale of solar power at Rs 1.13 per unit