Uttarakhand flood: Fake donation websites spreading malware on the internet
- India vs Sri Lanka Live Cricket Score: India steady after losing Ajinkya Rahane early
- Congress, SP, BSP indulging in "WWF-like fights in UP: Modi
- 103 crorepati candidates in Odisha's 70 Assembly seats: report
- Narendra Modi not my protege, a brilliant events manager: L K Advani
- Elections 2014 LIVE: FIR filed against Amit Shah for 'badla remark'; Modi to file nomination papers from Vadodara LS seat
Many fake websites seeking donations for Uttarakhand flood relief fund are emerging threat for Internet users as these are spreading malicious programmes, security solutions provider McAfee said. "In the wake of the natural calamity that has struck Uttarakhand, many fake donation websites are emerging in cyberspace. They operate by means of emails as well as posts on social networking sites that request for donations towards fake relief funds," McAfee said in a release.
Not many people are aware that such links could be laden with malicious software designed to steal password and personal information, it added. Anyone who clicks on these sites or visits such a website could end up with a malware-ridden computer and loss of personal data, it said. McAfee recommended individuals to be guarded and exercise caution against such occurrences and use caution against any suspicious websites on social networking sites from an untrustworthy source.
"Do not open any files attached to an email unless you know what it is, even if it appears to come from a friend or someone you know. Some viruses can replicate themselves and spread through email. Confirm that your contact really sent an attachment," it added. The firm advised Internet users to delete chain emails and junk email and not to forward or reply to any to them. These types of email are considered spam – unsolicited, intrusive messages that clog up the in-boxes and networks.
- BJP divisive, Left's stock dwindling: PM
- Amit Shah booked for his “revenge” remark
- AAP to concentrate on Nilgiris, Central Chennai, Sivaganga
- China search vessels find no clues for missing MH370 flight
- Army jawan arrested on charges of rape in Kashmir
- Lok Sabha poll candidates in MP use nicknames to attract voters
- Babri Masjid demolition sting: BJP questions timing, asks EC to stop telecast
- Apmaan ka badla lena hoga: Amit Shah in Muzaffarnagar | The Indian Express
- Arvind Kejriwal punched during roadshow in Delhi, AAP supporters thrash attacker
- Sentencing in Shakti Mills gang-rape case likely today, convicts may get death