Uttarakhand honours Unmukt Chand
- March 25 Elections round up: Narendra Modi to face Arvind Kejriwal in Varanasi and Madhusudan Mistry in Vadodara
- Supreme Court gives BCCI an ultimatum: Remove Srinivasan for fair probe
- After eggs, ink thrown at Arvind Kejriwal in Varansi
- Three-acre Chikamagalur farm was IMâs training school and bomb factory
- After Waqas, another Indian Mujahideen terrorist Tehseen Akhtar alias Monu arrested from Darjeeling
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna today honoured the captain of India's Under-19 World Cup winning team, Unmukt Chand, by offering him a cheque of Rs 11 lakh and a shawl.
Bahuguna hails from the state.
While conferring the young cricketer at the CM's residence here, Bahuguna said Uttarakhand was proud of him.
Chand said he took pride in the fact that he belonged to Uattarakhand and would continue his efforts to do the state proud again and again through his game.
Chand's father, Bharat Chand, who accompanied his son to the occasion, was also offered a shawl by the chief minister.
Bahuguna promised to offer all help to Chand in his future endeavours and said the city will soon boast of a world-class stadium where international cricket matches could be played.
The stadium is being built by the state government in collaboration with ONGC.
- Indian Mujahideen operative’s trainer suspected to be same man named by Headley
- Cong won’t contest Mainpuri, Kannauj
- ‘It seems like a re-birth, I never expected to see my family again’
- Dev’s rape analogy draws widespread criticism
- Nigerian murdered by compatriot in Kondhwa society
- Pune’s TDR king lists assets worth mere Rs 4.5 crore, has no vehicle