Uttarakhand honours Unmukt Chand
- LIVE: Yogendra Yadav, Prashant Bhushan expelled from AAP National Executive committee
- President Pranab Mukherjee goes to Vajpayee's home with Bharat Ratna
- Land bill will ‘break nation’s backbone’, Sonia tells Gadkari
- After 2010 scare, DGCA got cockpit policy to avert Germanwings-type incident
- Leave IITs alone, can’t talk to 36 applicants in a day and choose (directors): Kakodkar
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna today honoured the captain of India's Under-19 World Cup winning team, Unmukt Chand, by offering him a cheque of Rs 11 lakh and a shawl.
Bahuguna hails from the state.
While conferring the young cricketer at the CM's residence here, Bahuguna said Uttarakhand was proud of him.
Chand said he took pride in the fact that he belonged to Uattarakhand and would continue his efforts to do the state proud again and again through his game.
Chand's father, Bharat Chand, who accompanied his son to the occasion, was also offered a shawl by the chief minister.
Bahuguna promised to offer all help to Chand in his future endeavours and said the city will soon boast of a world-class stadium where international cricket matches could be played.
The stadium is being built by the state government in collaboration with ONGC.