Uttarakhand honours Unmukt Chand
- PM Modi should resign if he can't ask four ministers to step down: Congress
- Lalit Modi names 2 Indian, 1 West Indian cricketer who were bribed
- Kerala bar bribery case: Relief for Mani as anti-corruption body decides against chargesheet
- No charging check-in baggage: Government on budget airlines' move
- Delhi court allows TERI chief R K Pachauri to travel to USA
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna today honoured the captain of India's Under-19 World Cup winning team, Unmukt Chand, by offering him a cheque of Rs 11 lakh and a shawl.
Bahuguna hails from the state.
While conferring the young cricketer at the CM's residence here, Bahuguna said Uttarakhand was proud of him.
Chand said he took pride in the fact that he belonged to Uattarakhand and would continue his efforts to do the state proud again and again through his game.
Chand's father, Bharat Chand, who accompanied his son to the occasion, was also offered a shawl by the chief minister.
Bahuguna promised to offer all help to Chand in his future endeavours and said the city will soon boast of a world-class stadium where international cricket matches could be played.
The stadium is being built by the state government in collaboration with ONGC.