Uttarakhand honours Unmukt Chand
- L-G Jung functioning as if there is President's Rule in Delhi: Sisodia
- Suicide car bomb kills at least 6, injures 9 in Kabul
- VIDEO: Teased by bodyguard, Agra woman smashes SP leader's Mercedes
- Amid Delhi Chief Secy row, at least dozen govt officers ready to leave city
- Modi govt calls for 'fitting' commemoration of Rajiv Gandhi death anniversary
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna today honoured the captain of India's Under-19 World Cup winning team, Unmukt Chand, by offering him a cheque of Rs 11 lakh and a shawl.
Bahuguna hails from the state.
While conferring the young cricketer at the CM's residence here, Bahuguna said Uttarakhand was proud of him.
Chand said he took pride in the fact that he belonged to Uattarakhand and would continue his efforts to do the state proud again and again through his game.
Chand's father, Bharat Chand, who accompanied his son to the occasion, was also offered a shawl by the chief minister.
Bahuguna promised to offer all help to Chand in his future endeavours and said the city will soon boast of a world-class stadium where international cricket matches could be played.
The stadium is being built by the state government in collaboration with ONGC.