Uttaran actor Mrunal Jain in Ram Gopal Varma's Satya 2
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
TV actor Mrunal Jain, who plays Vishnu/Akaash in Uttaran serial, will make his Bollywood debut with Ram Gopal Varma's Satya 2.
"Acting in films was always on my mind but I was waiting for the right kind of offer. I am happy that I am getting to play a performance oriented role," Mrunal told PTI, without divulging any details about his role in the film.
Reportedly, he is playing an undercover police officer in the movie.
Mrunal is happy that TV actors are getting good roles in films. However, now that he is making his debut in Bollywood, Mrunal insists that television will not take a backseat.
"I will continue to do both TV and films. I think both are important medium to reach out to audience. It is because of TV that I am here and I feel one should not forget that. With films, I think I am progressing in my career," Mrunal said.