V K Singh meets Anna, discusses India tour plan
- AAP-BJP clashes: FIR against Ashutosh, Shazia Ilmi for rioting
- âMamata is hiring honesty from Maharashtra through Annaâ
- Mumbai dailies laud Kamat, he denies he paid for the ânewsâ
- Congress bends, âopen to TRS allianceâ
- Mamata Banerjee releases candidates list for LS polls, lists out celebs and statistics
Former Army chief Gen V K Singh visited Ralegan Siddhi and held a closed-door meeting with anti-graft activist Anna Hazare Friday.
Sources said Singh, who has announced his plan to tour the country with Hazare, discussed preparations of the January 30 rally in Patna which is supposed to kick-start the campaign and appointment of delegates who will organise the rallies in their respective states during the tour.
Hazare later said he was in two minds about the Patna rally as the local administration had denied them permission. "But Singh sahab assured me he will make sure we get the venue for organising the rally at Gandhi Maidan in Patna. He said he will take the responsibility of the rally," he said.
- New police chief says smooth polls his top priority for now
- Battleground ready, tough fight on cards in Pune
- Gadkari visits PU for cultural event, crowd gets out of control
- Govt vehicle hits two visually impaired students
- Ecclestone rules out Indian GP in 2015
- Captain Vidic abandons sinking ship at Manchester United, to sign for Inter Milan