Vacant berth status to be announced at New Delhi rly station
- Telangana LIVE: Bill passed by throwing all norms to the wind, says Kiran Kumar Reddy after quitting Congress
- Protests in RS over Telangana, papers snatched from Secretary General
- Rajiv Gandhi killers to be released, Jayalalithaa takes decision at Tamil Nadu Cabinet meet
- Decision to black out Telangana proceedings taken by Lok Sabha secretariat, confirms Kamal Nath
- Express 5: AAP kickstarts its poll funding drive and Telangana Bill passed in Lok Sabha
Here's good news for those making last-minute travel plans. Even after the final chart of a train is made, if there are vacant seats, the seat availability information will be announced at regular intervals at the New Delhi Railway station from May 1.
So far, such information was available on the official Facebook page of Delhi Division, Northern Railway, which had a limited reach.
To make the system popular, Northern Railway has developed a software that will integrate the relevant information with the existing announcement system at the New Delhi Railway station. At present, only train arrival and departure and positioning of coaches on a platform is announced. From May 1, the seat availability information will also be announced.Display boards across the station will also show the updates.
Divisional Railway Manager, Northern Railway, Ashwani Lohani said, "We will link the same data to an automated announcement system that will make regular announcements on the public address system. A pilot project will begin from May 1 at the New Delhi station and if this is successful we will extend it to other stations."
- Money talks: ‘Unanimous’ SLC gets on board with ICC revamp plan
- The great Game Folio: Silk routes
- In taxing times, realtors discover ‘fringe’ benefits
- Few takers for UT scholarships, students claim not enough info
- Interim budget focuses on transport but misses out on Metro Rail for UT
- GPP to become history, will merge with BJP next week in Modi’s presence