Vacant berth status to be announced at New Delhi rly station
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Record 79 pc polling in Bengal; Jaswant Singh writes to EC against Raje
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- CAG empowered to examine accounts of private telecom companies: Supreme Court
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, DD vs RCB: RCB pick early wicket as Starc removes Mayank
Here's good news for those making last-minute travel plans. Even after the final chart of a train is made, if there are vacant seats, the seat availability information will be announced at regular intervals at the New Delhi Railway station from May 1.
So far, such information was available on the official Facebook page of Delhi Division, Northern Railway, which had a limited reach.
To make the system popular, Northern Railway has developed a software that will integrate the relevant information with the existing announcement system at the New Delhi Railway station. At present, only train arrival and departure and positioning of coaches on a platform is announced. From May 1, the seat availability information will also be announced.Display boards across the station will also show the updates.
Divisional Railway Manager, Northern Railway, Ashwani Lohani said, "We will link the same data to an automated announcement system that will make regular announcements on the public address system. A pilot project will begin from May 1 at the New Delhi station and if this is successful we will extend it to other stations."
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18