- TV channels threaten to blackout Kejriwal campaign
- Missing Malaysian jet: India clears its passengers
- BJP reacts angrily to Rahul Gandhi raking up 2002 riots issue
- BJP's 'Chai Pe Charcha' may run into Election Commission trouble
- The trophy state: Behind Mizoram's clean sweep lies an extraordinary league
Shading the light
Inaugurating the Safma meet at Amritsar, External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid marvelled at the perfect combination of Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal's name. There was a mixture of both light and shade, he pointed out. Unfortunately, the lights in the Indian CM's domain went off twice during the function because of a power breakdown, even the sun was missing on the cold winter's day. Pakistan's Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif had similar bad luck. There was a power breakdown at the Safma function in Lahore as well.