- India’s surgical strikes along LoC show intent to act strongly against terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls up Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror'
- PM Modi holds Cabinet Committee on Security meeting; Rajnath, Jaitley, Doval present
- Narendra Modi's review meet on MFN status to Pak postponed to next week
- Day after sharing terror information with Pakistan, NIA revises details
Shading the light
Inaugurating the Safma meet at Amritsar, External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid marvelled at the perfect combination of Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal's name. There was a mixture of both light and shade, he pointed out. Unfortunately, the lights in the Indian CM's domain went off twice during the function because of a power breakdown, even the sun was missing on the cold winter's day. Pakistan's Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif had similar bad luck. There was a power breakdown at the Safma function in Lahore as well.
- Let’s not allow debate about what it means to be Indian to be held hostage to jingoists and bigots
- Telescope: From Fawad Khan to Kalki Koechlin, journeys to keep an eye on
- Shouldn’t weekly off day be a matter of choice, instead of being dictated by law?
- India’s search for alternatives to regional forum must quicken
- Struggle against caste system & capitalism are inextricably linked
- Power struggle within weakens Samajwadi Party already undergoing an identity crisis in UP