Vadodara engineer among two held for demanding Rs 75-lakh bribe
- Not RSSâ job to chant âNamo, Namoâ, canât cross limits for BJP: Mohan Bhagwat
- Missing Malaysia Airlines: âFakeâ passports mystery deepens
- Mocking Nitishâs âPM hopesâ, Modi woos Muslims, Yadavs
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
Vadodara Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) officials Thursday arrested two employees of the irrigation department of the district panchayat for allegedly demanding Rs 75 lakh from the complainant to ensure that his land was not acquired by the government for irrigation purposes.
According to the complainant, assistant engineer Kiran Surendra Seth and technical assistant S A Saiyed had demanded a bribe of Rs 75 lakh from him to ensure that his 12 bigha land at Anklav village in Anand district was not acquired by the department, in September 2011.
"When ACB sleuths laid a trap on the day the complainant was asked to hand over the first installment of bribe money of Rs 25 lakh, the duo did not turn up. The complainant had recorded their conversation on his mobile phone and submitted the CD of the same with the ACP," ACB inspector Kalpesh Solanki said.
"We sent the CD to the Gandhinagar Forensic Science Laboratory along with the voice sample of the two accused. We arrested them after the FSL sent its report stating that the voice of the two was matching," Solanki said.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress