Vadodara Marathon Organisers eye participants from Ahmedabad
- Army used 'chilly grenades' to catch Pakistani militant Sajjad Ahmed
- IPL Governing Council proposes two new teams to replace CSK, RR
- Central govt announces 98 Smart Cities, Naidu terms them 'safe investments for pvt firms'
- Sheena Bora murder: Police meet Mikhail Bora; five-day transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna
- ISRO launches rocket carrying GSAT-6 from Sriharikota
The organisers of Vadodara Marathon are going all out to make this year's event memorable and as part of it, they held a meeting here on Wednesday to woo participants.
Chairperson of organising committee Tejal Amin said Vadodara International Half Marathon had emerged as the biggest such event in a non-metro city in the country. The third edition to be held on February 5 has already set a new record with 40,000 registrations, Amin said.
Vadodara Marathon had overtaken the 38,000 odd numbers of people who participated in the recent Mumbai Marathon, she said.
"This year's event is being dedicated to Maharaja Sayajirao Gaekwad-III as the city celebrates his 150th birth anniversary," she further said.
The February 5 event will have three categories — 21-km half marathon, 15-km marathon and 5-km Joy Run.
"There are around 216 foreigners coming from different countries like Ethiopia, Kenya, Israel, Hungary, Italy and Dubai. There are also over 3,000 participants from outside Gujarat. Within India, we are among the few to have got accreditation from the international distance races body, AIMS," the organising committee chairperson said, adding, the total prize money for the event this year would be Rs 25 lakh.