Vadodara’s wanted man nabbed in Ujjain
- Yadav, Bhushan wanted party's defeat in Delhi polls, allege AAP leaders
- Chhattisgarh PDS rice scam: probe widens as police find a list with names, alleged bribes
- Land bill on table, government tells opposition willing to make changes
- His last detention against norms, red flag pre-dated Mufti govt
- Assam MLA claims he warned cops before Dimapur lynching
The city police Sunday said they have arrested history-sheeter Aslam Sheikh alias Bodio, who was wanted in as many as 32 cases of theft, bootlegging, rioting and assault lodged in several police station across the district.
Bodio is reportedly the leader of one "Bicchhu Gang" active in the city. He was arrested from Ujjain in Madhya Pradesh late on Saturday.
He was on the run for the last one month after his gang members allegedly ransacked several shops in the city demanding extortion money.
"Acting on tip-off, a team of Special Operation Group went to Uttar Pradesh. However, he managed to escape from there. But he was subsequently arrested by the team from Ujjain along with three others," Police Commissioner Saitsh Sharma told reporters.
The police had also arrested 20 suspected members of the gang in January but Bodio remained at large.