Vadodara’s wanted man nabbed in Ujjain
- Defiant Giriraj stands by his remark, says Pakistan trying to stop Narendra Modi from becoming PM
- Modi attacks Gandhis again, wonders how Rahul can lead country when he can't handle Amethi
- Vote for BSP to keep fascist forces, dynasty rule at bay: Mayawati to Muslims
- Emissary row: Sanjay Saraf dismisses reports of carrying any message from BJP
- IPL 7 Live Score, RR vs KXIP: RR set stiff target for KXIP
The city police Sunday said they have arrested history-sheeter Aslam Sheikh alias Bodio, who was wanted in as many as 32 cases of theft, bootlegging, rioting and assault lodged in several police station across the district.
Bodio is reportedly the leader of one "Bicchhu Gang" active in the city. He was arrested from Ujjain in Madhya Pradesh late on Saturday.
He was on the run for the last one month after his gang members allegedly ransacked several shops in the city demanding extortion money.
"Acting on tip-off, a team of Special Operation Group went to Uttar Pradesh. However, he managed to escape from there. But he was subsequently arrested by the team from Ujjain along with three others," Police Commissioner Saitsh Sharma told reporters.
The police had also arrested 20 suspected members of the gang in January but Bodio remained at large.