Vadodara’s wanted man nabbed in Ujjain
- Nitish trying to cheat Bihar, says Modi; CM replies PM disturbed with falling Sensex, GDP
- Manipur violence: Toll up to eight, three killed in police firing
- India script history, register first series win in Sri Lanka after 22 years
- Sheena, Mikhail my children, ready to undergo DNA test: Siddharth Das
- Market loses its nerve on weak GDP, Sensex tumbles 587 points
The city police Sunday said they have arrested history-sheeter Aslam Sheikh alias Bodio, who was wanted in as many as 32 cases of theft, bootlegging, rioting and assault lodged in several police station across the district.
Bodio is reportedly the leader of one "Bicchhu Gang" active in the city. He was arrested from Ujjain in Madhya Pradesh late on Saturday.
He was on the run for the last one month after his gang members allegedly ransacked several shops in the city demanding extortion money.
"Acting on tip-off, a team of Special Operation Group went to Uttar Pradesh. However, he managed to escape from there. But he was subsequently arrested by the team from Ujjain along with three others," Police Commissioner Saitsh Sharma told reporters.
The police had also arrested 20 suspected members of the gang in January but Bodio remained at large.