Vadodara: Thousands affected by floods; Army roped in
- Coal scam: Ex-PM Manmohan Singh summoned as accused in Hindalco case
- Supreme Court hands out life term to six convicts in Manjunath murder case
- AAP Delhi MLAs write letter seeking expulsion of Yadav, Bhushan: Reports
- Land to Mines to coal, Oppn stands stall in RS
- BJP line to restive RSS: our ministers may quit if PDP doesn’t behave
The district authorities in Vadodara on Wednesday said that Army has been roped in for rescue operation in the flood affected villages of Karjan taluka in the district.
"The Army, National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) and the fire brigade of the Vadodara Municipal Corporation (VMC) have been deployed for the rescue operation in the affected villages," Vadodara District Collector Vinod Rao said.
About 25,000 people from over 114 affected villages have been shifted to safer places where they are provided food
and drinking water facilities, Rao said.
High alert has been sounded in the worst-affected talukas of Karjan, Miyagam, Dabhoi, Padra, Sankheda, Pavijetpur, he said.
Meanwhile, in Vadodara city, movement of vehicular traffic has been suspended on three bridges following the rise in water-level of Vishwamitri river that passes through the the city, Deputy Municipal Commissioner of Vadodara Municipal Corporation (VMC) C M Makwana said.