Vadodara to ‘run for democracy’ on December 9
- PDP, BJP seal alliance to form government in Jammu & Kashmir
- RK Pachauri, accused of sexual harassment, quits UN climate change panel
- Centre's land bill is anti-farmer, says Kejriwal at Anna protest rally
- SpiceJet launches low-fare offer for Holi; one lakh seats on the block
- BJP defends Bhagwat, claims Mother Teresa admitted she was not a social worker
The district election office in Vadodara has chalked out a comprehensive plan under the Election Commission's Systematic Voters Education and Electoral Participation to reach out to voters and increase voting percentage in the city by at least 10% to over 64% from 54% in 2007. DEO and Collector Vinod Rao said the district will hold Democracy Week from December 9 with this aim and will hold 'Run for Democracy' marathon on December 9.
The DEO will also reach out to industry bodies with an appeal to give paid holiday to their employees to exercise their franchise under the Representation of Peoples Act.