Vadodara to ‘run for democracy’ on December 9
- Will reach out to 'muslim' brothers, address Ram Temple issue: Modi
- Congress backs Priyanka Gandhi as she hits out at opposition for 'targeting Robert Vadra without proof'
- CJI bars advocate's entry in SC for 6 months for sexual harrassment
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Modi hurls a 'khooni panja' at Cong, says its responsible for 1100 lives in Telangana
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, KXIP vs SRH: SRH struggle in stiff chase against KXIP
The district election office in Vadodara has chalked out a comprehensive plan under the Election Commission's Systematic Voters Education and Electoral Participation to reach out to voters and increase voting percentage in the city by at least 10% to over 64% from 54% in 2007. DEO and Collector Vinod Rao said the district will hold Democracy Week from December 9 with this aim and will hold 'Run for Democracy' marathon on December 9.
The DEO will also reach out to industry bodies with an appeal to give paid holiday to their employees to exercise their franchise under the Representation of Peoples Act.
- Satyam scam: ICAI bans four auditors for life
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat