Vadodara tribal killed by arrow
- BJP rubbishes Geelani's claim, calls separatist leader's 'Modi emissary talk' as 'false and mischievous'
- Modi's jibe at Mulayam: âBalaatkariyon ke liye Netaji ka mann ekdum mulayam haiâ
- Malaysian Airlines MH370: 4 questions about missing plane answered
- After denying a 'Modi wave', Joshi endorses Modi as India's next PM
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Sonia and Rahul were the primary decision makers while Manmohan was just a facade, says Modi
A tribal youth died after being hit by an arrow shot by another youth following a tiff over eveteasing in Naria settlements in Dabhoi taluka of Vadodara district on Sunday.
Dabhoi police said one Rakesh Nayak (20) shot an arrow at Boksinh Nayak (22) and killed the latter on the spot.
"Boksinh's two sisters — Gugita (10) and Samita (6) — had gone to watch a movie at Rakesh's house nearby. However, Rakesh grabbed Samita's hand. The sisters complained their brother about the incident," Dabhoi police inspector Bharat Barot said.
"When Boksinh scolded Rakesh, a relative of him, he got angry and shot an arrow in Boksinh's chest saying he would keep the girl in any case," police said.
Boksinh was rushed to a government hospital in Dabhoi but was declared brought dead.
Dabhoi police later detained Rakesh and was being questioned. Dabhoi police have lodged a case of murder against Rakesh and started investigation.