Vadodara tribal killed by arrow
- Zero-tolerance towards communal violence, must act: Centre to states
- Varanasi: Violence breaks out during protest march, vehicles set ablaze
- Germany our natural partner, says Modi after meeting Merkel; 18 MoUs inked to boost trade
- Why the BJP finds itself in a spot before Gujarat local body polls
- Supreme Court suspends beef ban in Jammu & Kashmir for two months
A tribal youth died after being hit by an arrow shot by another youth following a tiff over eveteasing in Naria settlements in Dabhoi taluka of Vadodara district on Sunday.
Dabhoi police said one Rakesh Nayak (20) shot an arrow at Boksinh Nayak (22) and killed the latter on the spot.
"Boksinh's two sisters — Gugita (10) and Samita (6) — had gone to watch a movie at Rakesh's house nearby. However, Rakesh grabbed Samita's hand. The sisters complained their brother about the incident," Dabhoi police inspector Bharat Barot said.
"When Boksinh scolded Rakesh, a relative of him, he got angry and shot an arrow in Boksinh's chest saying he would keep the girl in any case," police said.
Boksinh was rushed to a government hospital in Dabhoi but was declared brought dead.