Vaghela Gujarat CLP leader
- Patna High Court stays Nitish Kumar's election as JD(U) legislature party chief
- Arvind Kejriwal gets down to business, calls for full statehood for Delhi
- President Pranab Mukherjee warns against deviation from constitutional principles
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: SIT to quiz Shashi Tharoor tomorrow
- Shanti Bhushan accuses Arvind Kejriwal of accepting 'tainted' money
Former Union minister Shankersinh Vaghela, who won Assembly elections from Kapadvanj constituency, was on Tuesday appointed as Congress Legislature Party (CLP) leader. This was confirmed by state party president Arjun Modhwadia. Speaking to The Indian Express, Modhwadia said the appointment was made by the party and a communiqué in this regard was received by him after 10 pm.
A meeting of all 59 congress MLAs was held earlier on Tuesday at Gandhinagar with Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit and AICC general secretary and party's Gujarat in-charge Mohan Prakash as observer. The meeting had authorised party chief to take a final decision about the CLP chief.