Valentine’s Day: 375 challaned for traffic violations
- Dadri reminds us how PM Modi bears responsibility for the poison that is being spread
- Kill policemen, never commit suicide: Hardik tells Patel youth
- From Arvind Kejriwal to Rahul Gandhi: Who said what on Dadri lynching
- Forensic lab rules out drug overdose in Indrani Mukerjea case
- Bihar polls: After Nitish Kumar's remark, BJP promises free petrol for scooties
Security was beefed up in the city on Valentine's Day to avoid any untoward incident. Women police inspectors and constables were specially deployed in areas like Sarabha Nagar, Ghumar Mandi, Model Town, near malls, schools and colleges.
Traffic police of the city challaned 375 defaulters, of which a maximum of 79 were fined for triple riding and riding without helmet. Other offences included rash driving, loud horns and pressing horns without reason.
ACP (traffic) Dhruman Nimbale told Ludhiana Newsline, "No incident was reported because we deployed high security in risky areas beforehand, and the maximum fined were three boys riding bikes and motorcycles. Security was specially beefed up in front of schools, colleges and multiplexes."
Maximum challans were reported from the area of ACP (west) which includes areas like Sarabha Nagar, Ghumar Mandi, Model Town, Pakhowal Road, Westend Mall, MBD Mall, Ansal Plaza and others, the hotpots of Valentine's day celebrations, said Nimbale.