Valentine’s Day: Police to set up extra nakas
- Kejriwal's detention in Modi land sparks violent clashes between BJP, AAP in three states
- India goes to poll in 9 phases from April 7 to May 12; vote count on May 16
- Mumbai dailies laud Kamat, he denies he paid for the ânewsâ
- Congress bends, âopen to TRS allianceâ
- Didi lists out celebs, nephew and statistics
In order to check security provisions to maintain the law and order situation in the city, the UT Police has decided to install naka all across the city on the occassion of Valentine's day on Thursday.
The Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) headquarters, Rajesh Kalia said, "More than 500 Chandigarh Police personell will be on duty for checking the situation in the city. We have already put up nakas everywhere."
The traffic nakas will be enforced from 11.30 pm to 1.30 am to check drunken driving. Night patrolling will also be conducted.
Apart from this, DSP Kalia said there will be 14 nakas in all. "There are no traffic diversions in the city as such but we will keep a special check on the Gehri Route (Sector 11, 10, 9 and 8)."
However, due to Valentine's Day, gate number 2 of the Panjab University will remain open. But, gate numbers 1 and 3 will remain closed from 9.30 am to 3.00 pm. "The students and the teaching and non-teaching faculty are advised to carry their identity cards for verification in order to avoid any inconvenience regarding entry into the campus," he added.
- New police chief says smooth polls his top priority for now
- Battleground ready, tough fight on cards in Pune
- Gadkari visits PU for cultural event, crowd gets out of control
- Govt vehicle hits two visually impaired students
- Ecclestone rules out Indian GP in 2015
- Captain Vidic abandons sinking ship at Manchester United, to sign for Inter Milan