Valentine’s Day wedding for Sena corporator
- In Dadri, BJP's Sangeet Som accuses UP govt of framing innocent men for lynching incident
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says doctor
- Shashank Manohar unanimously elected as new BCCI president
- Non-declarants of foreign assets to be tried under black money law: FM
- Bihar polls: 130 candidates with serious criminal charges to contest in first phase
His father may have bullied numerous couples against celebrating Valentine's Day in North Mumbai but for BMC corporator Abhishek Ghosalkar, Valentine's Day was the perfect time to get hitched.
Abhishek is son of two-time MLA from Dahisar Dr Vinod Ghosalkar, who led agitations against Valentine's Day in his constituency. The Borivali Corporator ironically chose February 14 to tie the knot with Tejasvee Darekar, an IT professional, in suburban Borivli in the afternoon.
Incidentally, the day happens to be "vasant panchami", considered auspicious for weddings.
"This is an arranged marriage. The mahurat was good and so it happened that we are getting married on Valentine's Day," Abhishek told reporters explaining why the date which has been an anathema for Shiv Sainiks was chosen for his wedding. His father, however, said the date was chosen due to the right configuration of stars.
"The wedding took place as it is an auspicious mahurat. It has nothing to do with Valentine's Day," the senior Ghosalkar insisted.