Valentine’s Day wedding for Sena corporator
- LIVE: ISI supports LeT, JeM and Hizbul, David Headley tells court
- J&K govt formation: Ram Madhav to hold talks with Mehbooba Mufti to break impasse
- Soldier, who survived Siachen avalanche, being flown to Delhi hospital
- DDCA row: Delhi HC dismisses Kirti Azad's plea seeking court-monitored probe
- Net bad assets of govt banks a third of their net worth
His father may have bullied numerous couples against celebrating Valentine's Day in North Mumbai but for BMC corporator Abhishek Ghosalkar, Valentine's Day was the perfect time to get hitched.
Abhishek is son of two-time MLA from Dahisar Dr Vinod Ghosalkar, who led agitations against Valentine's Day in his constituency. The Borivali Corporator ironically chose February 14 to tie the knot with Tejasvee Darekar, an IT professional, in suburban Borivli in the afternoon.
Incidentally, the day happens to be "vasant panchami", considered auspicious for weddings.
"This is an arranged marriage. The mahurat was good and so it happened that we are getting married on Valentine's Day," Abhishek told reporters explaining why the date which has been an anathema for Shiv Sainiks was chosen for his wedding. His father, however, said the date was chosen due to the right configuration of stars.
"The wedding took place as it is an auspicious mahurat. It has nothing to do with Valentine's Day," the senior Ghosalkar insisted.