Valentine’s Day wedding for Sena corporator
- Donald Trump mocks Indian call center, but says India a great nation
- China’s Azhar snub: India gets back with visa for rebel leader on Beijing blacklist
- Punjab: Youth charged with abduction and rape of Dalit girl surrenders in Muktsar
- AUDIO: Interview with CPM leader VS Achuthanandan
- Obama says Queen Elizabeth II 'one of my favourite people', ends UK visit
His father may have bullied numerous couples against celebrating Valentine's Day in North Mumbai but for BMC corporator Abhishek Ghosalkar, Valentine's Day was the perfect time to get hitched.
Abhishek is son of two-time MLA from Dahisar Dr Vinod Ghosalkar, who led agitations against Valentine's Day in his constituency. The Borivali Corporator ironically chose February 14 to tie the knot with Tejasvee Darekar, an IT professional, in suburban Borivli in the afternoon.
Incidentally, the day happens to be "vasant panchami", considered auspicious for weddings.
"This is an arranged marriage. The mahurat was good and so it happened that we are getting married on Valentine's Day," Abhishek told reporters explaining why the date which has been an anathema for Shiv Sainiks was chosen for his wedding. His father, however, said the date was chosen due to the right configuration of stars.
"The wedding took place as it is an auspicious mahurat. It has nothing to do with Valentine's Day," the senior Ghosalkar insisted.
- The new alignment of incentives, unrest could make reservations an important political axis
- Pak seems to have woken up to the menace of an extremist consensus wrongly based on religion
- BJP won LS majority because of high corruption & even higher inflation under UPA
- Ram Madhav’s assertions do not match the ideological discourse of the RSS
- CCTVs and training courses in Oxford can’t transform school education. Mindsets need to change.
- In Tihar, more the murders, the greater your status; greater the loot, the bigger the status