Valentine’s Day: Police to set up extra nakas
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- Watch video: Baba Ramdev caught on camera discussing money with BJP candidate
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day
- Election Commission lifts ban on BJP leader Amit Shah after he promises to behave
In order to check security provisions to maintain the law and order situation in the city, the UT Police has decided to install naka all across the city on the occassion of Valentine's day on Thursday.
The Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) headquarters, Rajesh Kalia said, "More than 500 Chandigarh Police personell will be on duty for checking the situation in the city. We have already put up nakas everywhere."
The traffic nakas will be enforced from 11.30 pm to 1.30 am to check drunken driving. Night patrolling will also be conducted.
Apart from this, DSP Kalia said there will be 14 nakas in all. "There are no traffic diversions in the city as such but we will keep a special check on the Gehri Route (Sector 11, 10, 9 and 8)."
However, due to Valentine's Day, gate number 2 of the Panjab University will remain open. But, gate numbers 1 and 3 will remain closed from 9.30 am to 3.00 pm. "The students and the teaching and non-teaching faculty are advised to carry their identity cards for verification in order to avoid any inconvenience regarding entry into the campus," he added.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer